Connected, insightful water leadership in Europe is increasingly vital in adapting to climate impacts, new circular economies, digitalisation and a more diverse labour market. We know that water and climate change impacts do not recognise political boundaries.
Young water professionals are key to future adaptation – and we support their development! Are you ready to invest in the collaborative strength of future water resources? See how our tailored programme can help junior water-sector personnel build key skills to accompany technical expertise in water management for resilient cities, agriculture and industry.
EJWP 3 pillars of development:
- Knowledge creation and transfer: masterclasses on European policies, water technology and innovations, and primary water challenges — including local water projects of participating organizations.
- European network opportunities through EJWP community building: integration in Water Europe, EJWP Ambassadors, and event participation.
- Personal and professional skills development in international teams: emphasis on cultural awareness and diversity in project exercises.
Surf the Waves of New Opportunities! The European Junior Water Programme (EJWP) connects young European water management professionals (2 – 8 years of experience / <35 years-old) with skills to manage emerging water and climate challenges. Our participants build capacities to co-create and implement projects for resilient water management.
Through an integrated 2-year, part-time programme, EJWP enables development of key skills: network building, communication & diversity, technical advancements and more – to empower water-sector careers and their social contributions. And EJWP development activities take place along with participants’ continued work in their current positions.
EJWP’s trainers provide specialised guidance:
- Personal & communication development
- Co-creation strategies and evaluation
- Project and self management
- Leadership and pro-active strategies
- Future century skills for sustainability
Benefits for organizations
- Leadership skills empower junior staff to be new water leaders.
- Enhances diversity awareness and creates a European network.
- Cost-efficient and professional training.
- Innovative solutions for your water challenges.
How to start – for organizations
- Join a presentation for organizations, and contact us for more info.
- Identify your employees who will benefit from the programme.
- Schedule an intake call to explore next steps.
- Sounds good? Let’s start!
Benefits for young professionals
- Build valuable networks in the European water sector.
- Develop diverse water communication skills.
- Co-create innovative water solutions with peers.
- Bridge the gap between technical capabilities with human skills.
How to start – for young professionals
- Join a presentation / Q&A session, and contact us for more info.
- Send in your CV and motivation letter.
- Schedule an intake call with us and your organization.
- Sounds good? Let’s start!