EJWP builds leadership
through training, co-creation
Connected, insightful water leadership in Europe is increasingly vital in adapting to climate impacts, new circular economies, digitalisation and a more diverse labour market. We know that water and climate change impacts do not recognise political boundaries.
Young water professionals are key to future adaptation – and we support their development! Are you ready to invest in the collaborative strength of future water resources? See how our tailored programme can help junior water-sector personnel build key skills to accompany technical expertise in water management for resilient cities, agriculture and industry.
EJWP 3 pillars of development:
- Knowledge creation and transfer: masterclasses on European policies, water technology and innovations, and primary water challenges — including local water projects of participating organizations.
- European network opportunities through EJWP community building: integration in Water Europe, EJWP Ambassadors, and event participation.
- Personal and professional skills development in international teams: emphasis on cultural awareness and diversity in project exercises.
Surf the Waves of New Opportunities! The European Junior Water Programme (EJWP) connects young European water management professionals (2 – 8 years of experience / <35 years-old) with skills to manage emerging water and climate challenges. Our participants build capacities to co-create and implement projects for resilient water management.
Through an integrated 2-year, part-time programme, EJWP enables development of key skills: network building, communication & diversity, technical advancements and more – to empower water-sector careers and their social contributions. And EJWP development activities take place along with participants’ continued work in their current positions.
EJWP’s trainers provide specialised guidance:
- Personal & communication development
- Co-creation strategies and evaluation
- Project and self management
- Leadership and pro-active strategies
- Future century skills for sustainability
March 2021: Water Knowledge Europe Spring Edition and much more!
Announcing our new partnership with Water News Europe
A New Wave in digital water education: SMARTEN
Digital readiness in all sectors is essential now more than ever with the challenging experiences of Covid-19. Are we really ready for this digital transition in the European water education sector? The answer may still be vague, but numerous efforts are taking place to work together to boost this transition and achieve inclusion for all during this process. To support this, we are happy to announce the official launch of a new Erasmus+, strategic partnership project – SMARTEN: Serious gaMes for digitAl Readiness of waTer EducatioN.
A new website, a new wave of stories
Last Friday we quietly shifted from our old website to an upgraded platform. Our stories are now coming more close-up for you to experience our waves and interact with our people.
Welcoming our newest EJWP Ambassador, Chrysi Laspidou
We are proud to announce Chrysi Laspidou as our new ambassador of EJWP. She is joining Richard Elelman, Marielle van der Zouwen, and Veronica Manfredi in this honourable role within the EJWP community.