Connected, insightful water leadership in Europe is increasingly vital in adapting to climate impacts, new circular economies, digitalisation and a more diverse labour market. We know that water and climate change impacts do not recognise political boundaries.
Young water professionals are key to future adaptation – and we support their development! Are you ready to invest in the collaborative strength of future water resources? See how our tailored programme can help junior water-sector personnel build key skills to accompany technical expertise in water management for resilient cities, agriculture and industry.
EJWP 3 pillars of development:
- Knowledge creation and transfer: masterclasses on European policies, water technology and innovations, and primary water challenges — including local water projects of participating organizations.
- European network opportunities through EJWP community building: integration in Water Europe, EJWP Ambassadors, and event participation.
- Personal and professional skills development in international teams: emphasis on cultural awareness and diversity in project exercises.
Surf the Waves of New Opportunities! The European Junior Water Programme (EJWP) connects young European water management professionals (2 – 10 years of experience / <40 years-old) with skills to manage emerging water and climate challenges. Our participants build capacities to co-create and implement projects for resilient water management.
Through an integrated 2-year, part-time programme, EJWP enables development of key skills for the future, such as: network building, communication & diversity, technical advancements and more – to empower water-sector careers and their social contributions. EJWP development activities take place along with participants’ continued work in their current positions.
EJWP’s trainers provide specialised guidance:
- Personal & communication development
- Co-creation strategies and evaluation
- Project and self management
- Leadership and pro-active strategies
- Future century skills for sustainability
Benefits for organizations
- Leadership skills empower junior staff to be new water leaders.
- Enhances diversity awareness and creates a European network.
- Cost-efficient and professional training.
- Innovative solutions for your water challenges.
How to start – for organizations
- Join a presentation for organizations, and contact us for more info.
- Identify your employees who will benefit from the programme.
- Schedule an intake call to explore next steps.
- Sounds good? Let’s start!
Benefits for young professionals
- Build valuable networks in the European water sector.
- Develop diverse water communication skills.
- Co-create innovative water solutions with peers.
- Bridge the gap between technical capabilities with human skills.
How to start – for young professionals
- Join a presentation / Q&A session, and contact us for more info.
- Send in your CV and motivation letter.
- Schedule an intake call with us and your organization.
- Sounds good? Let’s start!
New EJWP beyond Europe Collaboration with EcoPeace, Israel
New Survey & Newsletter for WATERLINE Project
Interview with Louise Vanysacker at EJWP Partner Organization De Watergroep
Presentation of EJWP NEXUSNET project outcomes in NEXUSNET Community
Meet Maria Cristina Pasi: Regional Collaborator EJWP
Planning is underway with Maria Cristina Pasi to hold an EJWP training week in Lombardy, Italy, in January 2023 to integrate with organizations and actors in the region, including planning for an upcoming Open Innovation Platform to further support new initiatives.