Partner: MM Spa and Maria Cristina Pasi with Izar
Group: EJWP groups 3 and 4
Location: Milan, Italy
It was a special week in Milan, Northern Italy, from 23 – 27 January as members of EJWP groups 3 and 4 came together for a Training Week, hosted by MM Spa and Maria Cristina Pasi with Izar, who is also our new EJWP Ambassador. Participants were energized to have the opportunity to collaborate with the host organizations in the Lombardia region on training, while looking to establish ongoing working relationships.
“Such a positive week! The site visits, the impact of the training. The connections got stronger in such a short time span. We kept great contact on the project, and I would like to keep in touch once per week on it so we don’t risk losing the energy,” said Thibault Moreels, EJWP participant from Belgium.
For those who are curious what happens during an EJWP training week, here are selected highlights of what participants experienced in Lombardia:
- Day 1 featured presentation of results of the NEXUSNET Project from EJWP groups 3&4, with a field visit to Nosedo Plant MM Spa, and a masterclass on water services as a whole, and digitization of the purification process.
- On Day 2, participants embarked in the morning on personal development training sessions on communication, co-creation and collaboration coaching – with impact of social styles with EJWP trainer, Filip Grisar. In the afternoon, a guided tour took them to the historic Milano city water pumping station from 1906, now with space for education and art.
- Day 3 featured intense training on communication in role play with stress, negotiations & external factors in projects – and then reflection with InterVision. The group completed the day with a fantastic local dinner at the Centro Nocetum shelter/education/training center.
- Day 4: Masterclasses with focus on recovery of energy and sludge, and on water and sustainability in the industrial sector: challenges and opportunities for SMEs and international big industries. After the kickoff of the EcoPeace project, the participants went hands-on in their field visit to the San Rocco Plant of MM Spa, and later gathered for final dinner in which they were proud and exited to invite Maria Cristina to become their EJWP Ambassador.
- Reflections on local vs. European collaboration, and how they can become stronger when interactive with each other, before participants departed to return to their home countries and offices.
“This was an opportunity to see strange things in real. So interesting, and I loved the sharing of ideas among the group. Would love to also understand more about the jobs of the others. I hope we are able to set up links for future collaboration,” said Chiara Brioschi, a local EJWP participant with MM Spa in Italy.