Why we are coming together?
Changes in the water sector as a workplace are bringing new complexities, but also huge opportunities. Adaptive working platforms, new labor market dynamics, disrupted value chains, digitalization, and innovative systems are all taking the sector and its people in new directions. If decision-makers understand and manage these changes effectively, then positive systemic changes can help us meet Europe’s future of water, sanitation, economic, climate and environmental challenges.
Young people are driving many of these changes. So now is a crucial moment for young professionals, their senior colleagues and decision-makers to establish a dynamic joint vision of the future workplace.
What to expect at the New Waves Festival 2022?
We will work together, experiment and set the agenda for the future of working in the European water sector. This will be our second annual New Waves Festival, following the New Waves of Inspiration in 2021.
Participants in New Waves 2022 will:
- Interact with sector colleagues including young professionals on the skills that they bring to help shape Europe’s water, climate and environmental future
- Connect and create fresh ideas on career paths, so young talent potential can be fully explored
- Hear from inspirational leaders on the challenges they need young people to help overcome
At New Waves we will make the most of:
- High engagement: Work together in an integrated, engaging and games/scenario-based environment, supported by augmented collaboration! This will ensure involvement of all voices in the room, so participants are motivated to unlock existing silos for new stories and opportunities
- A safe place to experiment: Brainstorm! Make mistakes and learn from them! This is encouraged in New Waves to create a realistic vision for the future. Young professionals, employers, sector leaders, and voices from outside the water sector are all invited to build an inclusive approach.
- Learning and collaboration through positive emotions: Have fun together in creative and constructive processes! Build bridges for future networks and planning, which also facilitates a deeper engagement in common agendas for everyone’s benefit.
**Also** Join our Project Presentations on Aquatic Ecosystems and Wetlands Preservation on Tues. 14 June: Live in Brussels & Online! Click Here for More Information!
New Waves will facilitate a diverse co-creative space in which collaboration and creativity can be used freely to achieve real results on content, as well as on networks and future development.
Join our Co-Creators:
Moderated & Facilitated by:
Together we will address questions of:
- How can we integrate personal career paths and organization strategies with transformations of the future water sector workplace?
- What new approaches can we bring to trends in digitalization to collaborate more effectively at a global level?
- How can we break out of the water “bubble” for improved synergies on climate and environmental challenges?
- 15:00-15:15 Coffee/Tea
- 15:15-15:30 Introduction and setting the scene
- 15:30-16:15 Co-creative Space round 1
- 16:15-16:30 Break
- 16:30-17:15 Co-Creative Space round 2
- 17:15-17:30 Creating commitment & follow up
- 17:30-18:30 Co-creative Drinks
- 18:30-20:00 Networking Dinner*
* To join the dinner we ask for a €50 participation fee. Please transfer this amount to bank account NL 92 RABO 0301 8292 25 / BIC-SWIFT code: RABONL2U, in the name of H2O-People, the registration if final after receiving the payment.
Register today directly
For more information, contact EJWP Director Naomi Timmer: email@example.com / WhatsApp +31683674808